Kijiji Canada is committed to providing a harassment-free meeting experience for everyone, so while you're attending an event hosted in Kijiji's office, we have a Participant Agreement and Code of Conduct that we expect all participants to abide by. When you sign in to an event, you're acknowledging that you've read and agree to it, and you'll have the opportunity to take a copy with you. The same text is below.
If you have any questions or concerns during the event, whether about the Agreement and CoC, or about another participant, feel free to reach out to any Kijiji staff on site.
A note about technical information: we try to keep things widely applicable, but we want everyone to treat their company's confidential and proprietary information properly, and we'll do the same. But all that's covered below.
Full Agreement and Code of Conduct
It is important that all participants are aware of the expectations and the terms that apply to participation in the Kijiji Tech Event (the “Meeting”), so we (“Kijiji Canada” or “Us” or “We”) have put together this Participation Agreement and Code of Conduct (collectively the “Code of Conduct”).
PLEASE READ THIS CODE OF CONDUCT CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE MEETING. Your participation in the Meeting indicates your acceptance of this Code of Conduct, and that you intend to be bound by this Code of Conduct. You agree that, in consideration of your participation in the Meeting and any other consideration which may be provided by Kijiji Canada:
- you will not disclose to any third party any business or technical information related to Kijiji Canada or any of its affiliates that may be disclosed or made available to you in any form in connection with the Meeting and any proprietary information disclosed by any representative of Kijiji Canada or any of its affiliates shall remain the property of Kijiji Canada;
- you will not disclose in the Meeting any confidential or proprietary business information that belongs to your employer or any third party;
- a fee may be applicable to your participation in the Meeting;
- the information, ideas, proposals and comments of whatever nature made or offered up by you in the Meeting (collectively, the “Information”) may be shared within eBay Inc. (note that Kijiji Canada is wholly owned (indirectly) by eBay Inc.) and with any of its affiliates;
- by offering up or contributing Information in a Meeting, that Information will become part of the collective work product of the Meeting and eBay Inc. and its affiliates can reproduce, publish or otherwise use that Information (as is or as may be modified) in any manner or form, including on or in respect of Kijiji Canada;
- Kijiji Canada may currently or in the future be developing information internally, or receiving information from other parties, that is similar to any Information that you might contribute and you acknowledge and agree that Kijiji Canada may develop or have developed for it products, concepts, systems or techniques that are similar to or compete with the products, concepts, systems or techniques contemplated by or embodied in the Information;
- Kijiji Canada reserves the right to take photographic or film records of the Meeting and Kijiji Canada may use any such photographic or film records for promotional and/or commercial purposes as well as approve such use by third parties with whom Kijiji Canada may create a joint marketing effort; and
- you are over the age of majority and have full authority to agree to this Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing a harassment-free Meeting experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate any inappropriate behavior or harassment in any form, for example, sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any Meeting. You agree that if we or the moderator feel, in our or their discretion for any reason, that your conduct is not in accordance with this Code of Conduct or is otherwise inappropriate, then you agree to leave the Meeting upon request.
subscribe via RSS